Monday, September 13, 2010

My (almost) 30 Week Doctor Appointment

I had an appointment with my doctor today. I have been going every Friday, but we switched it to Mondays now since it's a little less busy at Kyle's job. We met with a different doctor that we never had before. She was a younger woman from India who was very colorful. Let's just say that I've never had a doctor high five me before! She was really great though; very professional while still being able to relate to me, she never rushed, took her time explaining things to me, and seemed to really make me think she was truly happy about little Jack.
Thankfully, everything they keep an eye on and monitor, such as blood pressure, urine, heartbeat, belly size, etc...it all came back perfect, as it has throughout all of my pregnancy thus far. I also received the good news that my results from the 1 hour glucose test I took last month and that I don't have gestational diabetes. I did however have to get a Rhogam shot because I am Rh Negative. This website explains what that means in a little more detail. It's a standard thing...nothing to worry about.
One thing is for sure though, I've never experienced so many needles in my life until I was pregnant. I've had my blood drawn so many times and numerous shots given! I don't mind though, I will take a needle any day for the end result :)
I just want one thing answered: Why do the women endure so much and the men, nearly nothing?  

No comments:

Post a Comment