Monday, September 13, 2010

Back to Reality

It's only 3pm on Monday, and I feel like it's already time for the weekend! I am so tired. You tend to forget how exhausting vacations can be...it always feels like you need a vacation from your vacation each time. Regardless of how tired I am today, the exhaustion is worth it. Kyle and I had such a great time in Savannah. If I say "it was beautiful", that does no justice to how nice the city really is. The history, greenery, southern charm, natural beauty, and mysteries were all so overwhelming every where we went. We spent most of our time walking alongside the river, spending hours in the antique shops, riding the trolley's around town, relaxing on benches in the plentiful parks, and eating their d-e-l-i-c-o-u-s food! As a girl who already appreciates good cuisine, add in the 7 months pregnant thing, and I was in heaven while tasting their fried green tomatoes, fresh pralines, lobster bisque, 10lb caramel apples and so much more. Thankfully, we walked all day and night, so we were able to work off some of those extra calories.
We did have one major awkward moment in the trip: Kyle and I were taking an elevator down to the road that stretches along the river, with all the shops, restaurants, bars, etc. It was about 10:30 on Saturday night, and this was a public elevator anyone in Savannah could use. As the door was closing a guy and girl caught it just in time to ride down with us. Kyle and I were both thinking the same thing, "that women is definitely a crack head..". She turned to me and said, "Aww...how far along are you?" I replied, "7 months". She smiled, showing her lack of teeth, and said "Can I touch it?" referring to my growing belly. I said, "No, I'm kind of weird about that"...obviously lying, because I really don't mind it, but the last person I want touching my baby or me is some strange itching women in an elevator who looks like they were just on Intervention last week. She said she understood, felt the same with her first, and by then the elevator door opened. A-w-k-w-a-r-d!
Overall, the trip was perfect. I couldn't be more thankful for the guy I have by my side to enjoy it with.

  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment