Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dada

Jack has been babbling for a looong time. To be honest, I feel like I can't recall a time when he didn't make any noises. Okay, so maybe they were just grunts and cries, but Newborn Jack still liked to be heard!

He said "mama" around 5 months old, then "baba", then "dada", then "gaga", and pretty much anything else you can put next to a couple of a's. Whenever he said these things, he didn't make any sense. He was just talking baby language and never really connected the sounds to anything specific [at least not to our knowledge].

That all changed today when Jack was sitting in the office with me, hanging out in his Bumbo seat, drinking some water out of his Prince Charming sippy cup. Kyle walked through the door, Jack looked right up to him and said clear as day, "DADA!". Whoa, did he just do what I think he just did? Then we hear it again, "DADA!". I think the boy has got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment