Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer Tomato Pie

First off, let me say that I have no intention of creating any sort of "Food Blog", but I love reading recipes, trying out new ones, and if it turns out better than I could ever dream, I am obligated to share it with others.

Second off, let me say that I loathe tomatoes. Yes, I will eat ketchup, marinara sauce, and fresh salsa, but aside from that I will shiver [just like Jack with peas] if I get one on my sandwich or burger.

With those things being said, you have to realize how amazing this recipe really is. You must try it. It's super simple, and tastes like nothing I have had before. If you don't want to make it then tell me to make it for you.

Summer Tomato Pie
* Pre-made pie crust
* 1/3 cup Dijon mustard [I used Kraft, light Honey Dijon]
* 1 to 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
* 1 - 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
* A few cloves of garlic
* Fresh basil
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Roll out the crust and drape it into a 9-inch pie plate, trimming the overhang as needed. Spread the mustard evenly on pie crust. Layer the mustard with the mozzarella, followed by the tomato slices, overlapping as needed. Sprinkle the top with the garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the oil over the top. Bake for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment