Sunday, July 31, 2011

1 Year Anniversary

July 30, 2010 was the day we'll look back on and say, "Remember that day? How nice we all looked, how much fun we had with everyone, and how lucky we were to be joined together as husband and wife?". It's been one year so far. One long, hard, and rocky year.
No way! I'm just kidding. It's been incredible. I love being married to this guy. He's a good one.
A keeper for sure.
Kyle had secretly planned an overnight trip to St. Augustine to celebrate our 1 yr anniversary for a while.  I had no clue where we were going, but I knew two things. 1. Wherever we go, it was going to be awesome 2. We have to leave Jackaroo behind.

We left Jack and Lola with Mema and Pepa on Saturday morning. I was trying hard to hold back any tears because I knew if I let any out when I said goodbye then I wouldn't be able to stop. I wouldn't think I'd have such a hard time leaving him, but it was tough. Kyle was reassuring though and as we pulled away he just squeezed my hand and said, "Don't worry, this is the hardest part right now, it will get better." He was right. As we drove away the excitement of what was coming was helping alleviate some of the pain.

We stayed at the Casa Monica hotel, which was unreal. The room had three stories, two TVs, a 360 view of the city, giant SPA, and so much more. We got couples massages, ate great food, shopped around the town, enjoyed our insane room and one another ♥ It was an amazing way to step aside from our roles as Mommy and Daddy and be Husband and Wife for a bit.

I wonder what he has up his sleeve for our 2nd Year Anniversary....

No comments:

Post a Comment