Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The End of Maternity Leave

::Sad face::

Today is my first day back to work. I've had the pleasure and the ability to have 3 months off for maternity leave. I have enjoyed every single moment of it. It's been more than wonderful. I've been able to give Jack as much attention and love that I can possibly muster up. It's given me the chance to get comfortable with this whole "being a mom" thing and taking care of a baby. I've been able to do these things all without the added pressure of "I had a stressful day at work", "I got NO sleep last night, and now I have to work?" or "All I want to do right now is snuggle my baby...I can't even think about doing my job right now". I can surely understand the appeal of stay at home moms. At the same time, I know that I would not want to be one. At this moment in time though I couldn't be in a better situation with the job that I have and getting to work from home. I am coming back to work with a new found appreciation for my job, making sure to always be working as good as I possibly can. The last thing I want right now is to come close to putting my job in jeopardy. Working from home at least makes the return to work MUCH easier for both Jack and I...but more for me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment