Thursday, March 3, 2011

3 Months Old

We hit the 3 month milestone! Success! I've heard the first three months of a little one's life are pretty difficult. I think that is mainly just because you are being thrown into something so new, and so fragile. Honestly, I feel like it's been pretty easy so far [knocking on my desk right now repeatedly]. Maybe it's because we lucked out and we got such a cool little baby, maybe it's because I've got such a great partner with me always helping out, maybe it's because I consumed myself with parents and baby magazines, books, and websites trying to prepare for the unknown, maybe it's because my expectations were just much worse then the reality. Of course, it's all of those things. I'm not saying that the last 3 months have been nothing but lolipops, smiles, and rainbows....we've definitely faced some challenges [and continue to], but those things never come close to just how rewarding, enjoyable, and down-right awesome this whole parenting thing is. Then again, it's only been three months....we'll see how I feel when little Jack has his sixteenth birthday...

At 3 Months Jack is:

  • 14.5 lbs
  • 24 1/2 in
  • eating his fists
  • laughing out loud
  • enjoying his Bumbo seat
  • sleeping without being swaddled
  • always staring at his hands, the ceiling fan, or his mom and dad
  • getting rides and naps in the Moby
  • nursing about 6 times a day {about every 3 hours}
  • wearing 3-6 month clothes
  • about to switch to size 2 diapers
  • missing his grandparents
  • playing a lot with his rattle
  • not getting the hiccups as much anymore
  • excited when he sees or hears his mommy and daddy
  • tolerating tummy time more
  • experiencing some cradle cap
  • getting cuter every day [seriously]



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment