Thursday, February 3, 2011

2 Months Old

Happy 2 Month Birthday to Jack today! We got to celebrate by bringing him to the doctor for his 2 month appointment to get his first set of shots. You can read about how it went by clicking here.
It's so hard to believe he's been here with us for that long already. You don't realize how fast the days can go...and just how precious time is until you have children. They somehow make each minute that passes by stand out so boldly. People keep telling me to make sure I enjoy each moment because before I know it he'll be all grown up. I remind myself of this all the time, so I stare at him for longer than I am able to, take pictures and video of his every motion, document my thoughts online, and just try to linger in each moment I have with him. No matter how much or how often I do these things, I can still feel the time go by, and it can't be stopped, no matter what. But hey, that's life...and I couldn't be more thankful to be able to be here to question and marvel at it's many little tricks.

In the past two months we have:

- Transitioned to parenthood
- Been peed on, pooped on, sneezed on, puked on...
- Found a new meaning to love every day
- Learned a new language (baby-talk)
- Taken over 1,000 photos
- Had our first Christmas as a family
- Started eating better to help lose weight
- Mastered the art of swaddling, diaper changing, and bath-time (kind of..)
- Enjoyed the many visitors
- Felt more gratitude than ever before
- Gotten Jack to sleep through the night @ 6wks
- Attended school
- Had positive doctor's appointments
- Smiled c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t-l-y
- Learned Jack will have a new baby nephew this summer
- Spent time outside as a family [Parks, Boone soccer game, downtown, eating outside..etc]
- Witnessed how freakishly fast kids grow out of clothes
- Attended Tara's wedding
- Missed extended family members dearly
- Daydreamed about our future

   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment