Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day (the holiday...not the day I go into labor)

Happy Labor Day! I'm celebrating this wonderful holiday by putting in 8 hours at work [how appropriate].

Things are going wonderful. I'm feeling Jack every couple of hours...although sometimes his movements can be a little uncomfortable as they are getting harder and harder on my ribs. It is surely going to be strange to no longer have him growing inside of me once he is born. Like everything else in life...I need to wrap myself up in each little moment and appreciate them while they are here.

So I've spent a good amount of time plugging in my figures into online pregnancy weight calculators that determine whether or not you are inside or outside of this "healthy weight gain range". It seems like just about every single website I use comes back with a different result! Am I alone here? Does this mean that no one truly knows what the exact number is?

So here are my stats as of today:
  • Pre-pregnancy weight: 134 lbs
  • Height: 5'3
  • Current Weeks Pregnant: 28
  • Current Weight: 160 lbs
  • Total Weight Gain so far: 26lbs
I have 11 weeks left, so hopefully I don't gain much more than the "recommended 35lbs". We shall see!
Enough of that silly weight gain talk....

Even though I am stuck working today, while most of the country is at the beach, a BBQ, out shopping, with family...I had my mood turn around quickly when I got a call from BabysRus. They said the baby furniture we ordered is ready to be picked up! Kyle and I are going there after my shift ends to get everything, rush home, and put it all together in the nursery. We are too excited since we've been trying to picture what his room will look like for so long, and now we will. This is definitely one of those moments in your pregnancy that totally outshine some of the unpleasntries.

No comments:

Post a Comment