Friday, November 25, 2011

The First Thanksgiving

It's strange to believe that this was Jack's first one considering he seems so old now. I remember last year's Thanksgiving fondly, as it was my initial due date for Jack. I looked like I hate 5 helpings of turkey and sides that day and all I could talk and think about was "when-oh-when will I go into labor?". This year it was more traditional, and a great was to celebrate the countless things to be thankful for.

Kyle's nephews stayed the night at our place the night before, staying up late playing video games. That morning, it was all about flipping through the Black Friday store ads and prepping my sweet potato casserole to bring. Jack thankfully took a nap before we left the house. We made a brave pit stop at Walmart to get some forgotten cranberries, and made it to Kyle's parents just in time for the turkey. The rest of the day was spent watching the kids play outside, eating, flipping through more Black Friday store ads, taking pictures, eating some desert, talking with one another, watching football, taking a stroll around the neighborhood, and just enjoying one another's company. I certainly missed my family (as I do every day), but I couldn't be more thankful to have Kyle's family to call my own and share these moments with as well.

As of right now, I'm pretty sure Jack likes Thanksgiving a lot more than Halloween. I'm basing this off of his fear of pumpkins and the way he devoured his turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green bean casserole.

We'll ask him again in a few more years...

No comments:

Post a Comment